Introducing MusicFestivalSuite.com Accelerando, our new User Interface, and our first-ever major upgrade!
We are very pleased to announce our new user interface based on your requests. We know that the changes in this user interface will help your users be more self-reliant, and will enable you to provide more fast and efficient support for your users. We've worked hard to improve the overall user experience. After all, we want you to be spending time organizing incredible music festivals, not being support technicians.
MusicFestivalSuite.com Accelerando Main Features and UpdatesAccelerando has many major feature updates and improvements. Here is a quick list of these updates.
- No longer just mobile-ready, but now mobile-responsive - Works well on mobile devices
- Layout is easier to navigate - No more clutter!
- Your branded colour is now EVERYWHERE!
- Registrations are easier to read, and even find out when they are scheduled.
- Easier to find out who has a profile linked to yours.
- Parents can now create their dependant children's profiles from within their own.
- Teachers can now create their dependant Group profiles from within their own.
- Parents and Teachers can also confirm their dependant's Pending Profiles without having to look for emails.
- Parents can now also log into their Child's Profiles, and Teachers can log into their Group Entrant's Profiles from within their own Profiles at the click of a button.
- More Robust Fee Structure - No longer just a flat rate, you can now charge fees per person for Groups.
- Users can now see every payment they have ever submitted since they created their profiles.
- The Schedule is now easily viewed, sorted by date, then by venue.
- A whole new Support System means users can contact you and you can contact MFS, and it all happens within the system increasing confidentiality.
Switching over to Accelerando is automatic, and you have little else to do.There are a few things you will want to take care of to make sure your system is fully set up, but these changes are easy.
- Make sure your accounting is up-to-date. If you have any registrations remaining for which no payment has been recorded, you'll want to record those before your users think they haven't submitted their fees from last year!
- Update your Group Classes' Fee Structures. Group classes can now charge a flat rate, a per person rate, or a flat rate to a minimum group size with a per person surcharge over that. Learn how to make those adjustments, then go to "Classes Admin" to make them.
- Assign one person as the Support Liaison. In your Administrative Portal, navigate to the "User Admin", and assign one individual with your festival to be in charge of all Support for the festival. Then review how the Support System works.
- Run a backup. Please don't forget to protect your data and it's fidelity!
New More Robust Fee Structures
Entry Flat Rate + ((Registered Group Size - Base Group Size) x Per Person Rate)
- Flat Rate Only - This is how MusicFestivalSuite has always worked. The Group gets charged a flat rate, no matter what. In this case, set the Entry Flat Rate to your chosen value, and keep the Group Size Rate and the Base Size at 0.
- Per Person Rate Only - Say you want to charge $1.00 for every person in the group. In this case, set the Entry Flat Rate to $0.00, keep the Base Group Size at 0, and set the Group Size Rate to $1.00. Our example Group would be charged $55.00.
- Flat Rate to a Group Size, then Per Person Surchage - Say you want a flat rate of $30.00 for groups with 50 people or less in it, then charge an extra $1.00 for every member over that. Set your Entry Flat Rate to $30.00, make your Base Group Size 50, and your Per Person Rate $1.00. Our example Group would be charged $35.00 to register.
New Support System
We have moved all our direct support services to within MusicFestivalSuite.com. Users now only send support requests to you through their profiles, and you respond to them using your Administrative Portal. If you need extra intervention from MusicFestivalSuite.com staff, you can transfer Support Tickets to us.
If you as a Festival need some help from MusicFestivalSuite.com staff, you submit it through the new Support System as well.
No longer will "In The Event of Problems" or other contact forms be available through this website. All support requests will be funneled through this new Support System. This new Support System will help us all keep track of support requests better. Also, as MusicFestivalSuite.com is a family operation that is growing significantly, we need to enable festivals to be more self-reliant.
Of course the MusicFestivalSuite.com Administration Manual and Videos will remain available for you whenever you need them.
How the New Support System Works
First, you need to decide upon one person with your festival who is the Support Liaison. In your Administrative Portal, go to "User Admin" and assign one person to be that Support Liaison. All Support Tickets will be managed by that individual. Alternatively you can create a separate Administrative User for Support that many people have the logon information for, and assign that Administrative User as the Support Liaison.
Once you have assigned an individual as a Support Liaison, that person will need to log into the Administrative Portal. They will now see a new option in the top menu called "Support". Here is where you manage all your Support Tickets.
As shown in the diagram above, if a User creates a Support Ticket, it is sent directly to you. You and the User can add notes for each other on the ticket until you (and only you) are satisfied the ticket has been resolved, and Close the Ticket.
If at any time you find you need MusicFestivalSuite.com Staff to solve an issue, you can either transfer the Support Ticket to MFS, or create a Support Ticket of your own. Our staff will add notes as necessary, and once we've done all we can, we will transfer it back to you so that you and the User can continue to work with the Support Ticket until you are satisfied you can close it.
Whenever a Support Ticket is created, notes are added to it, it is transferred or closed, an email will be sent to the owner of the Support Ticket to ensure they are aware changes have been made. No information about the ticket, the User or the Festival Administrator is ever included in the emails to protect confidentiality. In this manner the Support Service we provide one another is fully transparent, nothing gets lost in translation, and resolution can happen more efficiently.
The Old Resources Are Still There!
The MusicFestivalSuite.com Manual for Administrators has detailed descriptions and instructions for every feature of the software. It also has walkthrough instructions, including how to schedule, what festival organizers need access to which features, how to enter marks, how to keep track of finances and statistics, and much more!
The MusicFestivalSuite.com Administrative Tutorial Videos provides a walkthrough and step-by-step description of the most heavily used features of MusicFestivalSuite.com. These are by far one of the easiest ways to learn how to use MusicFestivalSuite.com.
Please install the software linked below to receive the fullest support possible.
TeamViewer allows our support staff to log into your system and see exactly what you see. By using this system, it increases the efficiency of our support services. It also provides opportunities for distance training.
Please ensure any device utilizing the MusicFestivalSuite.com system is equipped with TeamViewer.
PayPal is a secure money transfer system that MusicFestivalSuite.com integrates directly with. It accepts payment from anyone with a PayPal account, or even simply with a credit card, making it the best way to accept payments for your registrations. To minimize the administrative tasks of your volunteers, we recommend only accepting registration fees through the use of PayPal.
Update History for MusicFestivalSuite.com - 2021 Festival Season
August 01, 2020
- Videos - Added Video Support for all Subscribers, set in Subscriptions of the Admin Console
- Videos - Added Video Support for all Registrations, set by any Registrant, their Parent(s) or Teacher(s) through their Profiles, visible in the Admin Console in Profiles Admin and Registration Admin
- Videos - Added Video Support for all Classes, toggled and set by Admin Users (in the Admin Console) and Adjudicators (in their Profiles)
- Sponsors - Added a feature that places sponsors advertisements at the top of users' Profile Screens; one sponsor at a time, each sponsor gets equal visibility time.
- Profiles - Added Photo Release and Waiver Forms, forcing Parents to complete for their minor children, Teachers for their Groups, and all others for themselves. Completion of these are registered in a new section in Profiles Admin.
- Admin Console - Shortened all main section titles, and changed the Class Admin section to be called Syllabus.
- Accounts - Added a Maximum Class Registration Fee for Groups, set in the Syllabus section of the Admin Console
March 16, 2020
- Registrations - Added a feature in Registration Reports that produces a report of all the participants in the festival, organized by those who paid for registrations.
March 14, 2020
- Subscription - Added a new communication tool that allows festivals to post standing messages that appear at the top of every user's Profile Screen. Accessed through the Edit Waivers section of the Subscription section of the Admin Console.
October 01, 2019
- Syllabus - Added a feature that allows Registrants to enter comments into their registration and Group Registrants to enter a list of Participants, not linked to Profiles. These lists, after having been entered by a user, are available in Registration Admin as well as Scheduling in the Rosters options. Participants Lists will also appear in the Conflict Checker.
August 25, 2019
- User Interface - A huge overhaul called MusicFestivalSuite.com Accelerando launched, including a fully updated, mobile-ready user interface.
- Support - Removed all Support Forms from the basic website.
- Support - Message from MusicFestivalSuite.com added, appears in all User Profiles.
- Support - Added a role for Administrative Users to select a single person to be the Support Liaison between festivals and MusicFestivalSuite.com staff.
- Support - Added a comprehensive Support Ticket system that keeps track of all support requests for users, Administrative Users, and MusicFestivalSuite.com staff, including the ability to escalate a support ticket.
- Subscription - Links to festival websites are set in the Subscription section of the Admin Console, and are more completely reported in Users Profiles.
- Schedules - Competitor Cards renamed to Schedule Views in the Subscription section of the Admin Console, and renamed to Participant Cards everywhere else. Turning Schedule Views on allows users to see their schedules in their Profile Screen, but also have access to Participants Cards.
- Profiles - Added option for Parents or Teachers to easily create linked Profiles for students and groups from within their own profiles.
- Accounts - Added Per-Person Entry Fees with the following formula - Entry Flat Rate + ((Registered Group Size - Base Group Size) x Per Person Rate). Added a switch to turn this feature on in the Syllabus section of the Admin Console for Group Classes.