Students or Ensembles registering themselves
Students may register themselves in the festival, however it should be done under the supervision of a teacher or parent who is familiar with the syllabi. Likewise, an Ensemble can be registered by another representative aside from the Principal, Executive Assistant or Director (as discussed in Group Entrant Profiles - Using Them To Your Advantage), however it should be done by someone who is familiar with the syllabi, such as the Conductor, Concertmaster or Secretary.
What you need to register yourself
- You need to have made your own profile. If you have not already, consult the Creating Your Profile page. For Groups, it is best to also consult Group Entrant Profiles - Using Them To Your Advantage, as they will give you guidance on how to create a profile to make it simpler to manage.
- The title, opus, composer and arranger of each piece you will perform, along with the duration of the performance
- The class number that is most appropriate for each entry. Check your Festival's Syllabus for the best class number.
- The User ID of any Accompanists that may be performing with you.
Procedure for Registering Yourself
Step 1 – Visit your festival's MusicFestivalSuite.com link and log into your account. Choose "Registrations" in your Profile Menu.
Step 2 – Indicate you are registering for “Myself”, whether you are an individual or a group. Then choose the appropriate Category for the registration. It will then prompt you to choose the appropriate Discipline within that Category.
Step 3 – It will then prompt you for the appropriate Class within that Discipline. For more information on the Syllabi, check your regional organization for their syllabus, and your local festival for their local addenda.
Step 4 – Complete the remaining information about the piece(s) and performer(s) as prompted.
- Some classes provide the option of performing multiple pieces. You will need to provide the piece information for the total number of pieces you indicate your student will perform.
- Some classes provide the option of having multiple performers. You will need to identify each of the performers where they are indicated. Each student who has identified you as their Teacher will appear in the list of performers.
- If you are a Group Entrant some classes provide you with a box to enter each of your performers' names. Make sure you spell them correctly, as their names will also be printed exactly as you type them in the Festival's Programme.
- Some pieces have not been catalogued, and so have no Opus Number or similar. In such cases, use the Information icon to have MusicFestivalSuite.com enter “None” in the Opus field for you.
- Some pieces have no identified Composer. In such cases, these compositions are usually considered “Traditional”, and while this is acceptable to enter, it may render this performance ineligible for recommendation to Provincial Festival. If this is a concern, it is recommended you do the research required to identify who the composer was.
- Some pieces have no identified Arranger because it is not an arrangement, it is the original composition. In this case, click the Information icon beside the Arranger, and MusicFestivalSuite.com will automatically enter "None" for you. To be considered complete, you must have something included in the Arranger field.
- In a very few select cases, such as Improvisations or Quick Studies, the title, composer, and other such information may be unknown. In such cases, enter “Unknown”.
- Make special note of the fact that the length of the piece is measured in seconds, not minutes.
- If you wish to register a piece that is "To Be Announced", keep in mind that your festival may not accept TBA registrations. If your festival permits TBAs, understand that TBAs are not permissible for Individual Entrants, only Group Entrants. You can enter a TBA for the piece title, but must edit that before the close of the registration period or the end of the TBA deadline, whichever comes last. In either case, if you do not update your TBA registration with accurate information before the deadline, your registration fee may be forfeited.
- Not all registrations require an Accompanist, but where you will be using one, please ensure your Accompanist's User ID is entered properly so that they may receive the recognition they deserve.
- Some classes offer you the opportunity to add comments to the registration. Please only enter information that is crucial to the organizing of the festival (for example which percussion instruments you need or special scheduling requests if the festival accepts them)
Step 5 – Identify who will be paying the Registration Fee by choosing their name from the list. For individual entrants, you will only be able to identify yourself, your parent or your teacher. For group entrants, it is advisable to enter the "Teacher/Group Leader" (Principal, Executive Assistant, Director as per the Group Entrant Profiles - Using Them To Your Advantage page) so that person can pay for all groups associated with your organization all at once.
Step 6 – If you are confident about the accuracy of your registration, click “Submit Registration”.
If your festival offers a "Late Registration Period" and you are entering your registration during this period, ensure your registration is completely accurate and complete, as there will be no window of opportunity for you to edit your registration once you submit it.
Step 7 – Once you’ve submitted your registration, you will be redirected to your Account to view all currently outstanding registration fees that have been assigned to you. You do not need to pay this amount immediately. You can choose to pay this amount immediately, or return to "Registrations" to enter another registration. You will, however, need to pay the registration fees before the end of your festival's registration period.
Please do not forget to make sure each registration fee has been paid prior to the close of Registration Period. Outstanding Registration Fees render those registrations void. For more information on paying registration fees, see Paying Registration Fees.